Royal Enfield Himalayan Royal Enfield himalayan is a 411 cc adventure tourer motorcycle launched by Royal enfield in 2016. After some initial hiccups(mainly issues with magnetic coil), now it is one of the best selling motor bikes from Eicher Motors. RE Himalayan is equipped with a single-cylinder engine which can produce a maximum power of […]
Royal Enfield Himalayan
Royal Enfield himalayan is a 411 cc adventure tourer motorcycle launched by Royal enfield in 2016. After some initial hiccups(mainly issues with magnetic coil), now it is one of the best selling motor bikes from Eicher Motors.
RE Himalayan is equipped with a single-cylinder engine which can produce a maximum power of 24.3 bhp @ 6,500 rpm. Its Engine requires a First fill of 1.8 litres and then 1.6 Ltrs(during oil and oil filter element replacement.)
What type of engine oil is Recommended for Royal enfield Himalayan
Link to official manual – download RE Himalayan manual
Recommended Oil grade and quality for royal enfield himalayan – SAE 15W 50 API SL GRADE JASO MA 2 SEMI SYNTHETIC.
How many litre of engine oil is required – Around 1.6 Ltr during oil & filter replacement.
Price of engine oil for RE Himalayan – It is recommended buying a 2.5 Ltr bottle. It will cost around 700 to 3000 rupees (8 – 30 $)depending upon the brand and type of oil.
Different models – of royal enfield himalayan
- Royal Enfield Himalayan BS3
- Royal Enfield Himalayan BS4
- Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6
Can you use engine oil from any other royal enfield bikes in Himalayan ?
Yes & No, it is recommended using SL GRADE JASO MA 2 SEMI SYNTHETIC.
recommended engine oil (used in official service centres in India) for himalayan is : Liquid gun manufactured by HP Company. Generic Royal Enfield Liquid Gun 15W50 Lubricant for All Models (2.5 LTR)
Other engine oil brands you can use for royal enfield himalayan.
- Motul 3000 4T Plus 15W50 API SM HC Tech Engine Oil
- Motul 7100 4T 20W-50 API SN Fully Synthetic Petrol Engine Oil
- Motul 104080 5100 Semi-Synthetic Engine Oil
- Shell Advance AX7 15W-50 API SM Semi Synthetic Engine Oil (3 L)
How to change engine oil of Royal Enfield Himalayan
It is really easy to change engine oil in Himalayan. You can actually do it with a single spanner.
Before starting have a look at the engine oil level on the right side of engine. Engine oil color and level is visible through a round glass area(When bike put on centre stand).
- Open 2 nuts in the lower left side of engine. Put a small plastic/cardboard piece under it to direct old oil to a side to collect it.
- Remove sealing plate along with 2 nuts & oil will start flowing down.
- Wait for it to drain completely and then tilt bike side ways to drain remaining oil.
- After draining completely, reverse the step two.
- Open the top cap on the right side of engine to put new oil inside. Use a cone to add oil through.
- Keep looking at the glass area to see the oil level. Stop when it reaches the middle(but a little bit more to the top mark) of two marks.
- close the cap and start engine. After idling for few minutes stop engine and check oil level(after few minutes)